25 LAVINGTON STREET
The 25 Lavington Street Redevelopment proposal is located opposite ... and adjacent to ....
The site contains two Grade II listed buildings: Winchester House (which ranges between 1777 and 1820) and the former Southwark Fire Station (1878).
Since the Fire Station closed its doors in January 2014, Hadston has been working closely with the local community to bring forward a redevelopment proposal. Please see below.
The 25 Lavington Street Redevelopment proposal consists of a new community school comprising of a 900 student secondary school and 250 student sixth form, including:
• A new multi-use games area;
• The secondary school will be non selective and will work with local people on the admissions policy; and
• Fully compliant with all mainstream educational guidelines.
The Redevelopment proposal also includes new homes which will enable the delivery of the new school.
The new homes will include:
•Around 205 high quality new homes in a mix of 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms.
• Converted fire station cottages for family homes.
• Sensitively designed public landscaping.
• New community and leisure space at ground floor level.
The 25 Lavington Street Redevelopment proposal is currently in consultation (consultation end date = Thursday 26th October 2016) and STILL in the process of being assigned to a forthcoming Planning Committee.
Comments and responses to the planning proposal may still be submitted event though the consultation deadline has been passed. To make your comment use the link below or contact us.
To access the planning application on Southwark Council's Planning portal please click here.